Thursday, July 16, 2009

Could my Wife be Nesting?

It was a good day in our house today. Connie came today. A couple of months ago, we were introduced to Connie. We were introduced by my wonderful sister-in-law, Carrie Hazar. I refer to Carrie as wonderful for two reasons: First, because she told me that she wouldn't become a follower of my blog until I mentioned her lovingly in one of my posts and second, she actually is pretty wonderful. TJ is a lucky man. (See more about her family at hazarfamily.blogspot.com) And because I am an equal opportunity brother-in-law, I have another sister-in-law who is also wonderful; her name is Nabby, but she has yet to promise followership. (see nabbyhazar.blogspot.com) And yes, David is a lucky man as well.

Back to Connie. Connie is a wonderful woman who cleans homes for a living. She has cleaned Carrie and TJ's home for awhile now and they swear by this woman. I never thought we needed somebody to come and clean our house. Michelle is an excellent housekeeper and I am completely obsessed with trying to keep our home as clean as possible. So for me, the prospect of having Connie come and clean our home once a month seemed unnecessary. However, at the urging of my wonderful sister-in-law (followership), and because she is very reasonably priced, we decided to give Connie a try.

Connie has come to our home once a month for about 5 months now and I honestly don't know how we ever lived without her. I remember the first time Connie came to the house and cleaned. I knew that it was possible for a home to look clean because our home normally does. I had no idea that a home could actually SMELL clean. There is clean, and then there is Connie Clean. Connie Clean actually has a smell. They should make Connie Clean candles. If Connie could bottle up the Connie Clean smell, she would be a billionaire. She is the most amazing, hard-working woman and does an unbelievable job. Maybe she'll read this - we love you Connie!!

I do however have a problem with Connie, and it's not her fault. For whatever reason, on the day before Connie comes to clean, Michelle cleans the house like SHE is getting paid to do it. I simply do not understand this phenomenon. As I mentioned previously, our home is normally quite tidy - I am quite a taskmaster, one of my many flaws. BUT, our home is NEVER cleaner than the day before Connie comes to clean. I have asked Michelle about this several times and she explains that if the house isn't clean when Connie arrives, she will have a hard time cleaning it. Huh???

I am paying Connie to clean our home and Michelle already has it 90 percent done. I feel that the day before Connie comes, the house should be the dirtiest. I mean if it's been 30 days since Connie has been here, the house is SUPPOSED to be dirty, right?? I would think Connie would appreciate it. :)

Michelle is definitely nesting. Believe it.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with pregnancy. I would think any woman with a cleaning lady would clean before they come so they aren't embarrassed. If i hired someone to come clean my house, I'm pretty sure I would do that too.

Carrie Hazar said...

That is hilarious...I totally agree with the connie clean candle idea...that would be money! I clean my house and for some reason it never smells the same as when she does it, but maybe it is the same concept as cooking. Whenever I cook dinner, it never tastes as good as when someone else makes it (or maybe I am just a really bad cook and a poor cleaner!).
Thanks for lovingly mentioning your charming sister-in-law in a post, although it was a little too much Connie and not enough Carrie, but regardless, I AM OFFICIALLY A FOLLOWER!