Friday, July 10, 2009

You Have Got to be Kidding Me

I have been struggling over the last few days to come up with a topic for my next post. My loyal friends and followers have been asking, "When is your next post? What are you gonna blog about next?" My answer has always been, "When I have something funny or important to say." Well, last night while watching the O'Reilly Factor, a commercial came on during one of the breaks that qualifies as both funny AND important. Honestly, I thought that the channel had been inadvertently switched to Saturday Night Live and I was watching one of their skits. The fact that this commercial is being aired during the highest rated cable news show in the world is absolutely unbelievable to me. I swear I couldn't make this stuff up.

I give to you . . . . . . . . . (drumroll) the Chia Obama. "Ch Ch Ch Chia!" That's right, the makers of the Chia Pet, you know, the crazy statues of different animals that double as pots for Chia seeds, have made a special edition of President Barack Obama's head to "celebrate and honor our 44th President". Uhhhh . . . . are you freaking kidding me? This has got to be a joke. A Chia Obama???? Their tagline is . . . wait for it . . . "Hail to the Ch Ch Ch Chief." YES WE CAN!! Absolutely unbelievable.

A couple things about this product are particularly amusing to me, other than the fact that it actually exists in the first place and that there are people out there that would actually buy it. The first thing is that there are two different models:

HAPPY CHIA OBAMA And my personal favorite: DETERMINED CHIA OBAMAThe fact that there is a Chia Obama is unbelievable enough, but TWO different poses? Give me a break. Is there really a human being out there that is such an Obamaniac that he looks at the Determined pose and says, "Huh, if only he looked a little happier." Conversely, is there a moron on earth that wouldn't buy the Happy pose because Barack just doesn't seem determined enough?? YES WE CAN!!

The other amusing part about the commercial that aired last night was the special promotion they were running. If you bought TWO Chia Obamas, they would reward you with FREE SHIPPING!!! I don't think I want to meet the person that decides that they just can't live with only one Chia Obama. YES WE CAN!!

It is no secret that the mainstream media is in love with President Obama. They practically worship the man - why??? I have absolutely no idea. Maybe because he is a great speaker, maybe because he is the 1st African-American president, maybe because he is a good-looking man. I believe it's mostly because he's not President Bush. I have had conversations about this with members of my family and some of my friends before he was sworn in. Hollywood loves him, mainstream media adores him, he honestly can do wrong - and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. He has done nothing before his presidency nor in his first six months as Commander-in-Chief to persuade me that he is worthy of all the praise he receives.

Admittedly, I am not a fan of Barack Obama. I disagree with pretty much all of his policies, foreign and domestic. With all that being said, I can understand why his fans support him and praise him and even want to celebrate him. But, a Chia Obama?????? I wonder if the President himself considers his own bust with green afro-like chia plant-hair an honor. I doubt it. I liked President Bush, but I would never own a Chia Bush. I would never own a Chia Reagan or if it came to it, a Chia Romney (and Mitt has the best hair of all of them to display in the Chia style). I wouldn't even own a Chia Chad. (OK - I might, just for the novelty of it)

Let's be honest, this doesn't honor or celebrate Barack Obama. It's an embarrassment. YES WE CAN??? Well, I can't.

9 comments:

Greg Garrick said...

You would think the NAACP would be up in arms about the sterotype afro. When you water it, does it become a geri curl?

Happy Obama looks like Rerun from What's Happening.

Cameron said...

Wow, you're a hater.

Greg Garrick said...

I don't think Chad's a hater.
skunkwhiff.blogspot.com

Aselin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aselin said...

My favorite aspect of my chia Obama is how his plush hair softens the blow of my cast iron frying pan as it's being pummeled repeatedly on his head. Admittedly his fine features are crushed to terra-cotta oblivion, but the perky sprout mane he sported seems to hold the whole thing together. Much like he thinks his cult of personality will hold our economy together after his repeated economic pummeling. See, this Chia is a metaphor for real life.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the boots are around 200 pounds on every site. But definitively I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging as far as something that particular model. The prices for the sneakers are about 210 bucks on every site. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were approximately 170 pounds on every site. But definitively I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you say about it?