Monday, August 24, 2009

Update on La Pansa

I am about 6 days into this lifestyle change. Actually, I just started the dieting portion of it on Saturday. I am a little skeptical; I am eating foods I normally wouldn't eat such as cantaloupe, nuts, fruit leather (there is an entire blog about fruit leather - it's like eating a really tasty dress belt), green beans and other healthy items. However, the biggest change is not what I AM eating, it is what I AM NOT eating.

A couple of things I am learning about this diet. First, it's not really a diet, it's a change in the way I am eating. I eat more often; smaller, lighter meals and lots of snacks. I haven't really felt hungry over the last 48 hours; but, I haven't really ever felt stuffed either. Second, I am going to have to learn that it's ok to not be completely stuffed when I am done eating. When I am done eating, I am done and it's ok that I normally would otherwise eat until I feel full. As long as I am not feeling hungry, I am going to make it.

The exercise part of this program is different as well. On Saturday, I went to the gym and did the resistance training that was set up for me. It took a long time because I am supposed to do all of the reps really slow. It makes for a harder workout. I didn't think I would be very sore, but I woke up on Sunday and what is left of La Pansa was really struggling. I also ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes - something I absolutely despise. I struggled because I was supposed to keep my heartrate in the 140-150 range which is the fat burning range. I had to slow down several times to get my heartrate down.

Anyway, against my better judgment, I got on the scale this morning and was down to 219. 3 pounds and I am feeling pretty good, except for the pounding headache from my decreased caffeine consumption. Diet Mountain Dews are frowned upon. One of life's simple pleasures has been taken away from me. :( Onward and upward.

1 comment:

wendo said...

I have severe reservations about this "lifestyle change." Any change in diet where Diet Dew is frowned upon is not the change for me.