Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random Thoughts

It has been awhile since I have posted anything on this blog - I guess you could say I am struggling with blogger's block. I am not sure if that is actually a condition, but I am claiming it. This is what has been on my mind lately.

As all of you know, my 4th child is expected to be born in the next 28 days. We will name her Katelyn Ruth. Ruth, after my maternal grandmother who passed away long ago and whom I don't remember all that well, and Katelyn because I love the name Kate and Michelle wouldn't allow me to just name her Kate. Kate, as in Kate from Lost. I know, I am a loser.

Update on my weight: I told Michelle yesterday that I feel like I have plateaued. I am at a solid 210 pounds, down about 14 pounds from when I started, and my motivation was struggling until this week I watched the season premiere of The Biggest Loser. Wow. I am once again motivated. Nothing like watching morbidly obese people who can barely walk up a flight of stairs without literally dying to motivate you back into eating perfectly. 17.2% body fat - down about 5% from when I started. I feel great - except that I have to get 4 new pairs of suit pants altered.

The fall television schedule is upon us. I have decided that I will not be watching any new shows that air on NBC. There is not a more despicable channel on the planet. I will however continue to watch The Office, 30 Rock and The Biggest Loser. Some habits are hard to break.

My BYU Cougars are ranked 8th in the country with a home opener this afternoon against highly ranked Florida State. This could be their toughest test to date. After the opening week's unexpected win over Oklahoma and last week's trouncing of Tulane, Florida State will be ready for this game. If they get past this game, I see the BCS in their future.

Last weekend, my mother spoke in Stake Conference on what it is like to be a single adult member of the church. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it there to listen to her but I did get a copy of the talk. It was most inspiring and I have since forwarded it to several of the single adult women in our ward. Each of them was completely inspired and grateful to have read it. I am proud of my Mom.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love the name for your daughter. I wanted a daughter named Kate as well but as you know I had one more son instead of a daughter :)
Your mom should post her talk. I would enjoy reading it.