Friday, June 26, 2009

Reasons for Having My Own Blog

I have decided to start my own blog for several reasons. Some people will ask why have my own blog when my family has a blog that gets updated regularly. My response can best be formulated in a list. I like lists. Here it goes - the reasons why I have started my own blog.

1. I am the self-proclaimed funniest person in all of my family. Honestly, it's not really even that close. Natalie, my younger sister, is amusing. Wendi, another younger sister, can be rather comical. My wife Michelle every once in awhile says something that makes me chortle. But, there really is no one in my life that is consistently as funny as I am. You want proof? Just ask me.

2. I love to talk and I am quite opinionated. This is a forum where I can say pretty much whatever I want and absolutely nobody can stop me. It's beautiful.

3. I am sure that I will talk a lot about my family and my life. A blog is a very easy way to keep a journal without feeling like I am keeping a journal. My mother-in-law will be so proud.

4. I am a mortgage broker by profession - let's be honest, I've got time to kill.

5. I like to talk about sports a lot. I am a regular emailer and caller to several sports talk shows. This is a forum where I can get people to read my posts and someday I might land my dream job of sports commentary or sports analysis or sports anything. My wife will be so pleased.

6. I like to speak publicly - it doesn't get much more public than this.

7. I don't talk to my sisters as much as I would like - they generally avoid me. Who could blame them? This is a way to communicate with them without them having to admit that I am their brother. It's a win-win for all of us - communication without talking to each other. (I am just kidding, Mom) And I have a huge extended family that I would like to communicate with without having to go to family reunions. (Again, Mom, kidding)

8. I have the worst memory of any generally healthy 35 year-old male that I know. Sometimes, things happen that I don't remember in a couple of weeks. This way, I can read my own past blogs and entertain myself.

9. I like talking about things that are important to me - sports, politics, government, economics, religion, family, etc. Maybe people will be amused as I opine.

10. I have so much to be thankful for. I am about to be a father for the 4th time, I have a wonderful wife and mother of my children, I have beautiful, healthy children and a wonderful extended family. I want people to know that.

I hope to add to this blog daily and have several million readers . . . . . OK - well not really. I will be satisfied if my family reads and is amused. Actually, I don't much care who reads it - this blog is for me. Someday, I hope I will enjoy reading about my life . . . .

9 comments:

Michelle Cherrington said...

Nice job Chippy! I am glad that I make you "chortle."

wendo said...

I'm pretty excited you're starting your own blog! This way I can read what you're up to while still avoiding you. Perfect solution - thanks, Chad.

Mom said...

I'm excited to read about your day to day life. And I do agree - you have the worst memory of anyone in the family - including Lori. And that is saying a lot. Are you coming to dinner on Sunday? :)

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

We are looking forward to it - unfortunately, we won't be able to stay long. :(

Nikki said...

YEA for your own blog! Look forward to becoming an avid reader/follower. :)

Shannon said...

Chad you really are very entertaining. I am with you on the not having to go to family reunions part ;)
Congrats on having a 4th!! I hope Michelle is feeling well.

Aselin said...

You are totally copying me!!! I'm so excited to read someone almost as funny and opinionated as me... ;)

Greg Garrick said...

This is an odd question. Is Aunt Beth still alive? What about Mary Jo?

When you are at your best you can touch the soles of my comedic genius feet :)

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

I am certain Aunt Beth is still alive. I know my Mom talked to her recently. Or maybe it was Aunt Judy - but I know she is still alive. I am not so sure about Mary Jo - I am sure we would have heard by now if something had happened to her.

I must admit, your comedic talent is respectable, Greg. Quite respectable - but, comedic genius is a stretch.