Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday Top Five

Top Five Reality Shows and Why I Enjoy Them

5. Wipeout - Wednesday Nights ABC - I consider all gameshows reality TV. If you haven't seen this show, you need to just trust me, and take the time to watch it. Remember the fat kid in grade school that used to get picked last for kickball? And the bimbo blonde cheerleader in high school whose whole world revolved around what other people thought of her? Well, imagine hundreds of people like that, but now they are all grown up, they are fatter and dumber, and are on giant obstacle courses with foam and mud. I cannot do it justice, you must watch at least once.

4. The Bachelor/Bachelorette - not sure where or when it's on - but Michelle watches it occasionally as I am falling asleep. I am not a fan of this show. In fact, I can't think of a worse premise for a television program. However, it's amusing to hear all of the guys talk about how they have this "special connection" with the current season's attention-starved bachelorette. Then, they get sent home and they cry about how they are heartbroken over a girl that they have been out with twice. It's like a trainwreck - you don't want to watch, but you just have to.

3. So You Think You Can Dance - Wednesday and Thursdays FOX - those who can't dance, watch. That explains why I think I like this show. I never thought I would ever understand who is a good dancer and who is NOT a good dancer. But, I am starting to get it. This is the 2nd full season that I have been watching, and I can honestly say (and I promise, I am the most manly of manly men) I really really love this show.

2. The O'Reilly Factor - everyday 5PM Fox News Channel - I know what you are thinking, not a reality TV show. You are wrong. Nothing is more reality TV than the news. And I think my favorite news guy in the world ever is Bill O'Reilly. In fact, for Father's Day, I was hoping to receive a No Spin t-shirt, or an American Patriot t-shirt, or at least a No Pinheads bumper sticker - no such luck. I never miss an episode - the Factor is the best, except when he has that moron Glenn Beck on.

1. American Idol - I can't wait for Idol to start again. This show has turned into a cultural phenomenon and (once again, manly man) I absolutely love this show. From the hideous auditions, to the Hollywood week, to the top 24 contestants, I love it all. I love the judges, except for when Paula gets excited and can't form complete sentences. I love that every year, there is some crazy contestant that is not that good that makes it to the top 5 (like Sanjaya). And I love that ever since I have been watching, I think America has gotten it right every year.

I would be interested to hear some of your favorite reality TV shows . . . . .

4 comments:

Mom said...

Glen Beck - a moron? That's pretty harsh. He just scares me but I think he is probably right on a lot of what he says. I would definitely agree on # 1 and 2 - never watched the others. See you this afternoon :)

Greg Garrick said...

Superstars is the best reality show presently airing. TO is a wreck. Wipeout is so boring -- I get it people get hurt -- sort of. Big Brother starts next week and it is second only to Idol. Do you consider Katyhy Griffin reality tv? If so, it is a contender for the top spot.

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

I will take your advice and watch Big Brother - I haven't ever watched that one.

Aselin said...

Comforting to know if we were in a plane crash, stranded on a deserted island, I wouldn't have to kill you to gain control of the remote.

Except for #4 I completely agree. But I would let Michelle watch what she wanted because I like her.

This year was the first year I actually voted on AI. A TV show has to be pretty compelling to move me to action.